From Facility Plus, Canada’s one-stop, coast-to-coast, complete facility cleaning and maintenance services solution since 1987.
For over 33 years, our Facility Plus trained and certified technicians have been delivering the highest quality of facility services for commercial facilities from small businesses to leading corporations, retirement homes, retailers and recreational facilities with locations across Canada.
We realize how important it is to stop the spread of this virus in your home or facility. Here is a helpful guide on the top 3 things to remember when cleaning during COVID-19.
1. Keep surfaces clean by using the right product in the right way.
Below is a helpful guide regarding the lifespan of COVID-19 on certain materials, put together by reliable experts.
Use the right product.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), diluted household bleach solutions, alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol, and most common EPA-registered household disinfectants should be effective against the COVID-19 virus.
Use the product right.
- First, clean any dirt, dust or debris off of the surface you are cleaning.
- Read your chosen disinfectant’s product instructions.
- Wipe the surface you are cleaning with disinfectant.
- Leave the surface wet with the disinfectant for as long as the product instructions require. Often people miss this vital step, and it’s not sufficient enough to just wipe the surface.
2. Clean and disinfect high-touch areas often.
Clean and disinfect high-touch areas daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks. Horizontal surfaces also need to be cleaned and disinfected daily – such as countertops, kitchen tables, desktops and other places where respiratory droplets could land.
And don’t forget to clean and disinfect your mobile phone regularly!
3. Avoid cross contamination and follow instructions on the cleaning agent labels.
Do not reuse disinfectant wipes on multiple surfaces. This can transfer germs from the used wipe to other surfaces. Instead, use one wipe for each surface you are cleaning, and then dispose of it afterwards.
Do not dry surfaces after wiping them down. The surfaces you are disinfecting need to stay wet for the amount of time listed on your disinfectant’s label. The contact time the surface has with the disinfectant is what actually kills the germs.
We Are All In This Together!
We hope you, your families and your employees are following the best practices to stay safe and healthy at this difficult time. Remember, we are all in this together and Facility Plus is here to help 24/7!
Contact us today for more information!