With September just around the corner and our cherished Canadian Summer coming to a close, many employees are returning to work once again. With the COVID-19 pandemic, some businesses have opted to allow their teams to work from home. But many facilities across Canada have also started to re-open, welcoming back customers and employees into physical workspaces. How can you keep your facilities safe during these unprecedented times? We have put together this helpful guide with many steps to consider. Read on!
1. Ensure your business has a COVID-19 policy in place.
Your employees and customers need to know that you are taking every precaution to instil a safe working environment. Have a policy readily available for employees to follow. For your clients, post your policy in your store or on your website for easy accessibility. For an example, read the Facility Plus COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy here.
2. Fully clean, sanitize and disinfect your facility.
Before you open your doors again to clients or employees, it is imperative that you put a cleaning program into place. For over 33 years, our certified, trained technicians have been cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting many different types of facilities across Canada, including offices, warehouses, industrial spaces, company vehicles and equipment, retirement homes, recreational facilities, retail spaces, shopping centres and more. Our team works to clean and remove bacteria, while also cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting to reduce the occurrence and growth of bacteria, viruses and fungi.
We have daily, weekly and custom cleaning and disinfecting programs available to suit your individual requirements. Learn more here.
3. Consider an extra layer of surface protection.
Our certified team treats surfaces where microbes live with a lasting, world-class antimicrobial surface treatment called AEGIS Microbe Shield®. This treatment uniquely offers your facility enduring protection against the growth of microbes, for 6-12 months on high touch areas.
4. Improve the air quality and air circulation in your office.
Ensure that your HVAC system has been serviced and any repairs have been complete. Our certified technicians can also supply and install negative air machines (air scrubbers) to improve the overall indoor air quality of your facility. Book us today!
5. Set up Safe Distancing Practices.
Our Commercial Handyman Service Team can set up your offices with safe distancing practices. We offer the following services:
- Reconfiguring your work stations and office furniture
- Installing and providing proper decals and arrows for your office floors to ensure employees are 6 feet apart
- Setting up washrooms for safe distancing
6. Install plexiglass or felt protective partitions on office desks and at reception areas.
From retail spaces to office cubicles, we can custom-make safe distancing protective partitions for your facilities, in both felt or plexiglass material, or both, and in any size. Our barrier solutions physically enforce safe distancing and help eliminate contact with airborne droplets and other contaminants via coughing and sneezing. They are bacteria-resistant, moisture-resistant, and easy to clean.
7. Be sure to have the proper pandemic safety products available for your employees, customers and suppliers.
Consider having the following products readily available:
- Hand sanitizing and cleanser stations
- Infared thermometers
- Personal Protective Equipment, such as masks upon availability
- Face masks and shields
- Disposable gloves and gowns
- Disinfecting wipes
- Protective desk sheets
- Personalized hand sanitizer bottles
Facility Plus has all of these products for you and your employees – learn more here.
We Are All In This Together!
We hope you, your families and your employees are following the best practices to stay safe and healthy at this difficult time. Remember, we are all in this together, and Facility Plus is here to help you 24/7!