Spring has arrived, and it’s not just your home that could use a little Spring cleaning! In this blog post, Facility Plus is bringing you great advice on the areas in your offices that need extra attention at this time of year, and also explaining why it’s so important to spring-clean your space. Here’s a hint: better productivity and a boost to morale. Read on to find out why!
Why Clean Offices are so Important
A clean and organized workplace can improve productivity, boost employee morale, and even reduce absenteeism.
1. Higher productivity & accuracy. Reducing germs in the workplace keeps your team healthier! And a clean and organized office space will keep your staff focused. Minimizing unnecessary distractions such as looking for materials or certain files will promote output and accuracy. Facility Plus offers full janitorial services, providing a safer environment for your company, employees and visitors. We use Green products to reduce the level of toxins in the air. Find out more here.
2. Fewer injuries. Having a safe place for everything, including office equipment and storage items, can reduce the likelihood that employees, vendors and visitors will get hurt. Slips, trips and falls account for more than 9 million emergency room visits each year, according to the National Floor Safety Institute. Since most workplace injuries occur outdoors, trust Facility Plus for all of your exterior maintenance needs. Read more here!
3. Lower absenteeism. “A clean environment helps promote better health,” says Marie Stegner, the consumer health advocate for Atlanta-based Maid Brigade. “Dirt, germs, dust buildup and poor indoor air quality all contribute to colds, the flu, viruses, asthma and allergic reactions.” So be sure to clean up any work surfaces, lunch rooms and bathrooms.
4. Accurate supply inventories. Keeping supplies in a central, organized location can minimize over-ordering. When your employees can easily see what’s in stock, you can reduce duplicate orders or lost time from extra trips to the office supply store. Staying organized in the office lets your employees stay focused on their tasks!
Your Spring Cleaning Checklist
Booking a carpet cleaning with Facility Plus will instantly give your office space a refreshing facelift! Regular carpet cleaning and deep carpet steam cleaning extends carpet life, maintains the professional look of your office and facilities, and ensures a healthier office environment. Find out more here.
2) Work areas
Encourage employees to organize their office spaces by purchasing proper storage boxes, and a label maker so they can keep track of what is in each box.
3) Lunch Rooms
- Clear off countertops to reach those areas that haven’t been disinfected for some time.
- Clean out the fridge and any kitchen cupboards. Set up a table in the lunchroom for any personal employees’ items such as storage containers, water bottles etc. and if unclaimed within a week, recycle or dispose of them.
- The fridge is definitely a main target for cleaning, but also remember microwave, dishwasher, an oven if you have one, and smaller appliances. Take the time now to inspect and clean these appliances. You can also check for signs of water or electrical damage at this time.
Bathrooms are an area where germs, bacteria, and mold are most likely to build up, so take the time now to properly clean the bathrooms to keep germs at bay.
- Restore any grout lines in your tiling to get rid of stains
- Properly clean tile with the right products
- Disinfect all sinks and toilets.
Consider hiring Facility Plus for any janitorial needs. Find out more here.
5) Exterior Maintenance
The exterior of your offices are an immediate first impression to your clients, and Spring is an excellent time for any of the following:
- Roof repair
- Asphalt resurfacing, asphalt patching, asphalt crack sealing due to salt erosion from the winter months
- Sign or awning repair that needs to be done to your exterior signage
Facility Plus offers all of the above services. Learn more here!
We hope you’ve enjoyed our advice in this blog post and that you feel inspired to start your Spring clean-up. Remember, Facility Plus is here for all of your Spring cleaning needs… Just Ask Us!