Is your facility prepared for a possible or confirmed case of COVID-19? Read our new blog post to learn the importance of a COVID-19 Management Plan, and how Facility Plus can help you every step of the way. Read on!
1. Importance of a COVID-19 Management Plan
Many offices still have employees working from home, but for essential business or for those who have returned to a physical workspace, it’s so important to be prepared with the following:
- Ensure your business has a COVID-19 policy in place. For an example, read the Facility Plus COVID-19 Health and Safety Policy here.
- Be educated on all of the Provincial and Federal regulations.
- Consider having a third-party environmental company come to your office and help you with a COVID-19 Management Plan.
- It’s a great idea to view your floor plan and take inventory of ALL high-touch areas in your facility. For example, your washrooms: taps, sinks, knobs, toilet flushers, door handles. Have this information readily available for if/when you need cleaning or decontamination services.
2. PPE Sourcing
Ensure that your facility is prepared with the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Look for face masks and face shields of good quality, and buy in small quantities first to ensure that you have chosen the proper quality from a reputable supplier.
Consider having the following products readily available:
- Hand sanitizing and cleanser stations
- Infared thermometers
- Personal Protective Equipment, such as face masks and shields
- Disposable gloves and gowns
- Disinfecting wipes
- Protective desk sheets
- Personalized hand sanitizer bottles
Facility Plus has all of these products for you and your employees – learn more here!
3. How to Source a Qualified Service Provider
When sourcing a service provider for cleaning, disinfecting and/or and decontamination, here are a few guidelines:
- Ensure that they have proper insurance.
- Be sure that they have access to all of the required PPE, including full-face respirators, when working with confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- Ensure they have proper documentation and certifications, such as IICRC and AMDECON. Facility Plus is certified, fully insured and our work is 100% guaranteed. Click here for more information.
4. Understand the 3 Different Levels of Cleaning Available
Level 1: This is regular cleaning and disinfecting. Facility Plus uses the best practices and equipment such as the Clorox® Total 360® Electrostatic Sprayers, and a variety of fogging systems. Our technicians adhere to the manufacturer’s recommended specifications for the required dwell times of our disinfectants.
Learn more about our Cleaning, Sanitizing, and Disinfecting services here.
Level 2: Level 2 cleaning is for a possible case of COVID-19, which should be treated as a confirmed case of COVID-19. Full PPE should be worn, and cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch areas should be implemented. A containment area should also be made.
Level 3: This is a full decontamination for a confirmed case of COVID-19. Containment areas should be built and full PPE needs to be worn.
The Facility Plus team creates a detailed scope of work which includes a thorough cleaning, disinfecting of the facility, and ensures there is no cross-contamination among different areas within the facility.
Our team follows EACOs emerging and existing pathogen cleaning best practices for environmental professional services as well as ISSA’s and IICRC’s best practices for cleaning and decontaminating facilities. We use the best approved cleaning and disinfecting solutions as well as approved HEPA vacuum systems, decontamination chambers, negative air machines and seal off areas as required. We also follow all disposal regulations as required for all of our supplies.
Learn more about our Decontamination services here.
6. Final Steps – after Cleaning
- When your service provider is leaving facility, ensure that the PPE has been properly removed and disposed of.
- Determine if your facility is ready for occupancy, depending on the disinfectants that have been applied. Some disinfectants leave an odour.
- Ensure that the service provider has given you all of the ATP results, documents, and photos.
We hope you and your employees are following the best practices to stay safe and healthy at this difficult time. Facility Plus is here to help you 24/7. Just Ask Us!